Thursday, May 1, 2008

One Last Post Before I Go to the USA



Just wanted to share one more picture. Because it kinda represents some things we are hoping will happen here. I'm finding, for a lot of reasons, I probably won't be able to have the deep relationships I've had in the US. Culture; language; money... many many reasons. But, what I can do is possibly facilitate others in developing those relationships. Specifically the guys that are meeting in my house hopefully will be willing to be mentored and guided in how to do help the teenagers. Not that I know how, but I'm trying to learn. So, if we do it together, perhaps they will be able to reach those I can not. And, I'm watching one of these guys, William, rapping at my house with some Christian songs (raps... whatever they call them), and these three kids (teenagers) immediately tune in to him and his music. And, then join in. So, this is a snapshot of where we hope we're headed. Maybe a long shot and along road, but it's hope.


Also, we just got an invitation to start helping at the local school. I wanted to take pictures. You could NOT believe the conditions of this school. But, we've been asked to help... so I hope it opens more doors on how to serve.

A few things that are fresh and good and hopeful, as I leave for the USA.

No comments: