Wow, it’s hard to believe I’ll again be back home for a few weeks starting next Saturday.
This job (or whatever you call it) is really weird in that the days and weeks all run together. In the US, it seems that a particular day or time is very important. Here, the particular day seems to be of no significance. Many people don’t work so weekends mean nothing; others work all the time, so weekends are not important. Sundays are not a huge deal here either, it seems.
I’m going back for two reasons. The first (in no particular order) is to be at Luckson’s graduation. For those of you that don’t know; Luckson is a guy I met in Haiti around 7 years ago. An awesome guy. But, almost 4 years ago now, (wow!) we were able to get him to a university in the US to study under-grad med/clinic stuff. (whatever you call it). Well, he’s graduating. My little brother (as I call him) is not so little anymore (in many ways!) He’s been accepted to optometry school and will start that this fall (if I have my info correct). Really looking forward to seeing him and the crew (slew) of people that have been there for him to see him cross the graduation stage.
And, my oldest sister (Blyth) is finishing RN school, at the age of 50. I’m 43. And frankly can’t imagine the struggle of having to learn an entire new discipline. I basically tried a little by going to language school, but if that were any indication of the challenge, I would have flunked RN school real quick. But she didn’t. It was an unbelievable challenge, but she stuck it through. Sometime, in my opinion, that is so rare for “older” adults. And, I’m very very proud of her. So, my family is going to her “pinning”. Good times ahead!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment